Enrolling Now for Fall Session:
October 20th 2017-June 9th 2018
Take your yoga teaching to new levels by earning your 500 hour certification. This program is designed for yoga teachers already certified at the 200-hour level and is accessible to teachers of all ages, levels, and Yoga backgrounds. Through this comprehensive 300 Hour Yoga Alliance program, you will learn how to develop workshops, retreats, delve deeper into Yoga Philosophy, Advanced Asana, Yoga Therapy, Meditation, Anatomy, Sequencing, and refine and sharpen your teaching skills. The program is written by Nancy Wile , founder of the Yoga Education Institute with 20 years experience and a Doctorate in Health Education at Columbia University and will be led by Tula Yoga’s team of experienced Yoga Alliance instructors. In addition to the workshops below the training will include evaluated teaching sessions and mentoring , classes for you to practice hands on assisting & leading meditation , and creating and presenting a workshop at the end of the training .
As yoga grows in popularity, students and studios require more teachers with in-depth training and the ability to teach to wider varieties of students. An advanced Yoga Teacher Training gives you a broader and deeper set of skills and insights to bring into your practice and teaching.
The program includes the following training sessions:
• Teaching and Practicing Advanced Asana
• Anatomy, Promoting Muscular & Skeletal Health
• The Art of Sequencing and Using Themes to create dynamic classes
• Ayurveda & Eating for a Yogic Lifestyle
• Exploring other styles: Yin Yoga/Iyengar/Anusara/Restorative Yoga
• The Role of Yoga Therapy in Healing Illness
• Yoga Therapy for Trauma
• Mudras, Mantras, Teaching Mindfulness Practices & Meditation
• Literature of Yoga, Psychology of Yoga & Positive Psychology
• Starting a Successful Yoga Business
• Developing Transformative Workshops & Retreats
Must be completed prior to graduation:
• Complete the training workshops
• Teaching/Practice Teaching: 30 Hours
• Assisting/Attending Classes: 70 Hours
• Evaluated teaching sessions
• 2-3 Page Paper: Applying the Yoga Sutras to your Life and Teaching
• 1 Page Paper: Describe your views on the Role of the Yoga Teacher
• Final Workshop Presentation
Please email us with any questions or for more information: JenniferC@TulaYogaNJ.com
$3,500.00(Payment plans available) *Tula Graduates receive 10% discount
Includes unlimited classes at Tula Yoga during the training.
All payments for the teacher training are non-refundable.