Enrolling now for Winter 2021 !
January- June 2021
INSPIRE. BE INSPIRED.
Free Class & Info Session : Wednesday September 23rd 6:15-7:30pm
Email us to RSVP: JenniferC@Tulayoganj.com
Ignite your passion! Take a journey of self discovery…Become the best version of yourself as you grow physically, mentally, and spiritually. Whether your dream is to teach Yoga or deeply explore your passion, our teacher training program provides a great opportunity to learn about yoga philosophy, meditation, alignment as well as expand & deepen your personal practice. This teacher training is for more than just the aspiring yoga teacher. It is for anyone looking for direction or simply searching for a deeper understanding of yoga. Students become part of a community of like-minded people looking to evolve their own practice and well being. This training is an opportunity to develop personally as well as in the role of a teacher.
This winter will be our 19th 200 hour training at Tula Yoga and we are honored to be able to share this practice with so many. As times change and Yoga evolves we continue to grow our program so it is applicable to modern times yet still rooted in tradition. We offer a flexible schedule for the 200 hour program, meeting on the weekends twice a month over 6 months. We have now added unlimited access to online classes as well as in studio classes during the training to make it more accessible. We are keeping in mind social distancing for the future and will be capping the training to ensure safety and space in the studio.
Through this training, you’ll gain a deeper understanding of the many layers of yoga as well as advance your own practice. You will learn in a comfortable, safe, and positive environment with our team of experienced trainers and mentors. You will learn how to teach and practice many different forms of yoga, as well as different methods for effective teaching. You will learn how to teach to a wide variety of individuals through the use of modifications and variations, how to connect with your students, and how to help your students and yourself gain a deeper sense of internal awareness and ease through the practice of yoga. You will gain confidence in your teaching and practice, and find your own unique voice as a yoga teacher. We realize the amazing qualities of each trainee. Rather than mold you into our style, we believe it is important to honor the individual in you and help you find your own style and path in your yoga journey.
Highlights of the Program
In this teacher training program, you’ll learn to:
• Create well-designed yoga classes that maintain student interest
• Teach with confidence and learn how to teach over 100 different yoga postures
• Understand yoga philosophy and the great literature and history of yoga
• Understand physiology and anatomy of yoga and the muscles used in each posture
• Teach breathing exercises (pranayama) and meditation practices
• Teach yoga to special groups, such as seniors, prenatal or children
• Develop successful yoga business practices
• Practice your teaching skills in a positive, fun, and helpful environment
The program includes the following training:
• Overview of Yoga History, Philosophy, and General Teaching techniques
• Teaching and Practicing Sun Salutations, Standing, Seated and Lying down poses
• Teaching and Practicing Arm Balances and Inversions
• Sequencing for Different Styles of Yoga (including Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga, Gentle, Restorative)
• The Art of Sequencing & Teaching Methodology
• Introduction to Meditation & Mindfulness
• Introduction to the Chakras
• The Physiology of Breathing, Teaching Pranayama & Bandhas
• Teaching Restorative Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and Savasana
• Anatomy of Yoga & Injury Prevention
• Partner Yoga, Adjustments, and Correcting Students Safely
• Teaching Yoga to Specific Groups (prenatal, kids, and chair yoga)
• Sanskrit Pronunciation and Meaning for Yoga Teachers, Mantras & Mudras
• Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, Review of Yoga Literature, and Philosophy of Yoga
• Introduction to Yoga Therapy, Ayurveda, Nutrition and Lifestyle
• The Business of Yoga, Teaching Yoga Online, and Yoga Teacher Ethics
• Finding your Voice as a Yoga Teacher & Developing your Confidence
• Bonus lecture on Aroma Therapy & using essential oils in your teaching
*Every student receives an online manual to go along with each training session. At the end of the training, you will have over 900 pages of reference materials developed and copyrighted by the program. The manuals that focus on asana teaching and practice include photos, alignment cues, teaching techniques, and benefits for over 100 yoga postures.
What Others Have to Say…
Here is what some our recent graduates have to say about Tula Teacher Training Programs:
“This has honestly been one of the best experiences of my life. Tula was something I looked forward to and I wouldn’t have missed a class for anything. Jen you are such an amazing teacher and so supportive. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have taken my first training with you. You have given me more confidence and so much encouragement. Tula will always be my Yoga home.” – Andi Rankin
“If you’re ready to delve deeper into your true self, then you are ready to embark on a teacher training experience. The Tula Yoga teacher training program is so much more than just learning how to teach yoga…although it certainly taught me that too, and well! This training is such a powerful exploration of yoga philosophy and a great opportunity to study yoga passionately with like-minded people with all different yoga backgrounds. Jennifer Cavalieri has such a beautiful studio with some awesome teachers. The instruction in anatomy, physiology, asanas, meditation, breath work and much more is truly amazing. I learned such invaluable lessons and made life-long friends.” ~Aimee Latta Debow
“I can honestly say that with 100% confidence , once you go through something like Tula’s teacher training , there’s no going back, and I couldn’t be happier about that. Jennifer at Tula has provided us with such a beautiful space; she and all of the amazing teachers at of the Tula program have opened their hearts and minds with such grace and humility. They traveled the journey with us and and held our hands through it all. Thank you. ” ~ Leah Kleiner
“Jen, your teacher training program is out of this world. It has been such an honor to be a part of this program and to gain all of the confidence and knowledge that I have learned from you. I am so happy that several years ago you decided to quit your job and teach yoga. That is exactly what you were meant to do. The passion you have to teach others to teach is so inspiring and so lovely; you have a wonderful gift. You always give your all and that without your sincerity and genuine happiness and love for all that you do, we can never be where we are today.”~ Stephanie Garafola
“Jennifer is truly a blessing for all aspiring Yoga teachers. Her teaching, knowledge, encouragement and ongoing support made this training an exceptional experience. I am eternally grateful to Jennifer and to Tula for this life changing experience.” – Sonja Ilijas
“Tula’s Teacher Training was a wonderful experience. It helped me deepen my practice and showed me the best way to share my experience and practice with others. The training had extensive material to expand your knowledge about yoga, meditation, and pranayama. Jennifer, along with many other teachers, shared their expertise in there field. The atmosphere was warm and friendly and everyone supported each other to feel comfortable in the process.” -Alexandria R
“I loved this whole experience Jennifer! It was so comprehensive and well organized. I learned so much from your style of teaching, tone, and personality. You are an amazing teacher! I loved meeting everyone and bonding together. I have grown and learned so much in this training!” ~ Heather M.
Tuition: Early Registration by October 1st $3,200.00/$3,500.00 after (payment plans available) *Tuition includes unlimited yoga classes at Tula Yoga and online during the training. All payments for the teacher training are non-refundable
Email us to receive a complimentary online class & Winter Info Packet!
Feel free to call us with any questions! 732-970-7500